Friday, July 17, 2009

A short and simple essay about myself


" Stop smiling! You are not advertising for Darlie," my friends in SMK Aminuddin Baki used to say when I was still a secondary school student. Indeed, I have a cheerful personality by nature. Shoulder length hair with two small eyes which almost form a straight line when I smile, a small nose plus a round face, together with my jovial look makes people think that I am still a secondary school student.


Yet, it is an indisputable fact that I, Lim Peggy, am now a student of the International Education Center (INTEC), situated in Seksyen 17, Shah Alam. I am now doing my A-Levels. Being a Public Service Department (PSD) scholar, I hope to secure a place in a university in United Kingdom to pursue my tertiary studies.


Born and bred in the capital of Malaysia, I enjoy living in the countryside. With that, I will be able to lead a tranquil life without tiring traffic jams and tonnes of workload. Inhaling fresh natural air while running in the field is always my dream. Besides, I like to swim, savoring every moment underwater. The feeling of being able to forget all unpleasant things while exercising makes my enthusiasm in swimming last longer.

I am the elder one in my family. I have a younger brother, Lim Winson who is in Form One. Although some may think that my house will be very peaceful and quiet with only the two of us, that is absolutely wrong. My family is always lively and full of laughter.

I am always the center of attraction of my family. Although I am not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I appreciate everything given to me by my parents. They have worked hard, giving me comfort and love all the time. I promise to strive in everything I do to repay their kindness and let them be proud of me -- a future well-known pharmacist in our country.

1 comment:

  1. haha! Peggy, I am two years late - but I thought this was a very very good post! :) I absolutely loved reading it - and keep smiling! :D

    ReplyDelete